WIILPF is deeply saddened at the ongoing and escalating loss of life in Palestine and Israel, which takes place in the context of ongoing Israeli occupation, war crimes and impunity. We denounce all attacks against civilians by all parties. Indiscriminate attacks on civilians are a crime under international law and cannot be justified. WILPF UK support this statement from WILPF International regarding the escalation of violence in Palestine and Israel.
In an attempt to support efforts to mobilise in response to the unfolding situation, WILPF International share some resources and guidance on what you can do to help stop the ongoing atrocities and loss of life, support demands for a just and sustainable peace, and act in solidarity with Palestinians:
- Countering disinformation and influencing the narrative: In light of the concerning reports of disinformation and the spread of false narratives of the conflict, we are sharing with you a set of resources to help ensure that we all have access to accurate and reliable information.
- Amplify Palestinian voices and demands: By sharing first hand testimonies, demands and supporting grass-root organising, we can amplify the voices of those most impacted by the violence and injustice.
- Join mobilisations in your own country whenever it is safe and secure:
- Ask for the protection of civilian lives by joining mobilisations and doing actions and campaigns that are relevant locally.
- Support actions that help end complicity in Israel’s crimes against the Palestinians such as calls for and applications of boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel, check the BDS movement → URGENT ACTION ALERT for meaningful support for Palestinians
- Advocate for your government, local councils and EU agencies in your country to hold Israel accountable, including through imposition of economic sanctions, incremental restrictive measures, ban on arms trade, restrictions on individuals and companies involved in the settlements, and suspension of all security cooperation and free trade agreements with Israel.
- Donate and share donation campaigns to support the victims:
Read statements and appeals of local Palestinian movements and international campaigns and organisations
- Women’s Center for Legal Aid and Counseling → Urgent Humanitarian Appeal: Unless The International Community Intervenes, The Death Toll Will Increase Dramatically in The Coming Hours
- Joint statement by Palestinian Civil Society Organisations → Palestinian Civil Society Organisations Call for The Protection of The Palestinian People
- Joint statement by Palestinian Civil Society Organisations→License to Kill: Third States Disregard their International Responsibility to Act to Prevent Israel’s Violation of Jus Cogens Norms
- BDS movement → Western Complicity in Apartheid Israel’s Brutal Violence Heightens Palestinian Resistance & International Solidarity
- Madre → Peace Depends on Justice