On United Nations Peace Day, Wednesday 21 September 2016, the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) is launching a new branch in London.
Come and find out what has sustained women to work cooperatively and internationally for peace for one hundred years. Share our enthusiasm for our achievements over the years, and join us to see what progress we can make together to make the world a better place.
- Find out about “These Dangerous Women” – a short film will introduce the pioneer WILPF women of 1915 who tried to stop World War I
- Meet our International WILPF Secretary General, Madeleine Rees
- Hear about our international work for peace from Isabel Bull, a student who volunteered in WILPF’s Geneva office
- Be inspired by Orla Sheridan, our international delegate just back from the 13th AWID International Forum: Feminist Futures: Building Collective Power for Rights and Justice
- Network, discuss and plan how WILPF can join with others to take action in London, and future meetings of this group
Wednesday 21 September 2016 – 5.30 pm for 6.00pm start – 52 – 54 Featherstone St EC1Y 8RT (near Old St tube station)