Help us deliver a parliament committed to fundamental change in the way states conceptualise and address issues of gender, militarism, peace and security.
We are asking each parliamentary candidate to comment on how s/he could and would advance our list of six actions essential to peace and equality.
- Reduce military expenditure
- Stop expenditure on any aspect of Trident replacement
- Ensure that women, not necessarily from armed forces or diplomatic services, have access to full, equal and safe participation in all peace negotiations and processes
- Fully implement the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women’s (CEDAW) recommendations for the UK
- Increase the numbers of women leaders and spokespersons in public spheres of life
- Reject the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP)
Read more about these requests and the research and reasoning behind them, and please ask your parliamentary candidates how they will make these changes.